Ziggy, Mary and I headed to Cape Cod .. any way we could get there.
We were delighted to arrive.
Robbie and her mom Ethel. Robbie hosted the gtg.
One day included a whale watching tour. At least we saw one.

One day was spent at a Renaissance Fair .. my first ..
Mary and I watch the pig roast.
At another stop Joyce, Alice and I sample Ocean Spray juices.
We photographed this house in the Hyannis area.
Mary and I marvel at the people in Provincetown.

Mary and Joyce took a trolley tour and stopped to visit with Don.
What better place for Mary and me to pick out some new hats.
Joanne, BK and Robbie already had their hats from a previous gtg.
Mary was ready to tour along the New Bedford cobblestone streets. For lunch I experienced giant sardines (not out of a can).
Here we found a replica of the Mayflower.
Daytripping led us to many exciting tourist spots in the area. This was a day we spent in New Bedford.
We took the boat over to Martha's Vineyard one day.We rode the famous carousel.

The beach along the National Seashore was interesting on another day of exploration.


It seems that FreeRoaders spend a lot of time eating together or cooking.
Cape Cod was no exception. Here the group tackles lobster.
Cape Cod was no exception. Here the group tackles lobster.
Mary Lou and her feller.
Mary's friend Marilyn came up to visit.
Mary, Mary, and Mary stuff quahogs.
Don and Nova Nance stir the pot.After Cape Cod Mary and Alice decided to go to Acadia National Park in Maine and we would catch up later.
After Mary caught a ride with Alice, Ziggy and I also caught a ride!
Lighthouses are fun but I never tire of seeing covered bridges.

Mary enjoyed the fall colors and reflections in the pond at our campground in Scarborough, Maine. 
Fall was in the air and it was a perfect time for a nature walk.

At a fall fair somewhere in Virginia I practiced stirring the apple butter.
A natural bridge in Virginia.
I switched into genealogy mode.
After Mary caught a ride with Alice, Ziggy and I also caught a ride!
Lighthouses are fun but I never tire of seeing covered bridges.
Mary enjoyed the fall colors and reflections in the pond at our campground in Scarborough, Maine. 
Fall was in the air and it was a perfect time for a nature walk.
At a fall fair somewhere in Virginia I practiced stirring the apple butter.
A natural bridge in Virginia.
I switched into genealogy mode. 
I thought this was the trail to the old house but it turned out to be where someone had their bee boxes. I came back over the fence in a hurry.
After a little genealogy fix in Virginia we got on the Blue Ridge Parkway to head south. The leaves were at their peak and it was a beautiful experience.
The Mabry Mill was one of the highlights on the Blue Ridge scenic route.


As we went further south we stopped at the campground where Marley worked and visited.
November was nearing and it was time to return home after a fabulous trip.





Joyce and Mary tackling their food.

No comments:
Post a Comment